Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Red Wheelbarrow

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.


-Wiliam Carlos Williams



I spied some of my white chickens scratching away by my kids red wheelbarrow the other day, and this poem immediately came to mind. I have always loved this poem, and I think it really captures the zen of chickens and rural life. I photographed it, but I was still inspired to do more with this image. So, here it is, "The Red Wheelbarrow" needlefelted in wool.



3 comments:

  1. Oh My goodness, how lovely, you are a clever little chickie yourself, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your art Lara! And would love to do a fun trade with you sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lara this is so beautiful! Country living is really inspiring your art.

    ReplyDelete