Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Root Children


Mother earth opened the underground door and the procession of root children holding flowers made their way up into the warm Spring day.

When Spring starts to come back to the land, and little seeds are beginning to grow up into tender green shoots, I love reading The Story of the Root Children by Sibylle von Offers with my children. The illustrations are beautiful and the story is one of renewal in the cycle of Nature. I was inspired to create this needlefelted wool wall hanging of the little root children emerging from underground to help prepare the earth for Spring.


You can see more pictures of it here on my Etsy shop at:

Let Spring Begin!

3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness. i LOVE, love, love this!! You did such a fabulous job with this one. i love all your wall hangings, but this one totally melts my heart. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! ...next week I make a puppet theatre "root children" in a German Waldorf kindergarten.

    love and light
    Jolanda

    ReplyDelete