Monday, May 3, 2010

Vending at the Mayfaire


I think that I have always wanted to sell my crafts at festivals but didn't really know it. I seem to always be making things as gifts for other people, but only recently have I discovered the profound joy in creating art for no person in particular and putting it out there for the world to see. This Saturday was my first booth experience, and it really affirmed for me that I love having a crafting business! I had so much fun arranging all the little faeries, gnomes and other crafty items for folks to look at, and seeing the smiling faces of my friends and community coming by to see what I have been making. It was a beautiful, sunny May Day and the Eugene Waldorf School's Mayfaire was just the right place to celebrate this time of flowering. I especially loved seeing smiling children running off with my magic teasel wands!





I have to say a big "Thank You" to Erin for letting me use her Saturday Market booth structure and sharing her banner dimensions with me. I wore my custom Patchwork Underground dress in her honor. I also want to thank everyone who came by to say hello, look around, or buy some of my crafts! I can't wait to do it again next year, and vend at the Veneta Friday Farmer's Market in June.

4 comments:

  1. Your booth looks sooo good!! Glad you had such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your booth looks wonderful. I love all the fairy love. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh This looks just lovely, I love selling at markets and fairs,especially Waldorf ones, where ones art is so much more appreciated. You have a lovely set up. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope you had a wonderful day - your display looks beautiful. Our family enjoys doing farmers markets and occasional fairs as well.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete