Friday, November 5, 2010

Women of the Corn


My latest needlefelting project is this wall hanging for a raffle fundraiser benefiting Mujeres de Maiz Opportunity Foundation, a grassroots non-profit organization based in Sequim, Washington helping young women in Chiapas, Mexico. Mujeres de Maiz provides access to education for indigenous women in a seamstress cooperative, including literacy training, secondary school, vocational courses and college or university degrees. The raffle prizes will also include some beautiful quilted art by my mother, and other local handcrafted items. To learn more about this organization, visit their website at http://www.mujeresdemaizof.org/lang/en-us/.



3 comments:

  1. How do we participate in the raffle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the next couple of days I will get a blog post up with photos and a link for the items in the raffle. When I posted this, I didn't realize folks could participate in the raffle who weren't on the Olympic Peninsula, but I asked and it sounds like they can, so keep your eyes peeled for that post! It sounds like the quilt art my mother made is AMAZING too! Not a raffle to be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lara. We will check back in a few days, and spread the word...Ann

    ReplyDelete