Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Homestead Mornings


It's that wonderful time of year again. When I go out in the morning to feed the chickens, the air is cool and crisp, the roosters are crowing, and it feels like fall is here.  This is my favorite time of day, full of the possibilities of the golden autumn day to come. Soon the smell of wood smoke will fill the air from our neighbors chimneys and our own.  Squirrels are busy up in the oak trees building nests and storing nuts (and driving our dogs crazy!) I'm busy right along with them, gathering, harvesting, and storing food for the coming winter. I love every minute of it.

I needlefelted this wool wall hanging a few weeks ago in celebration of these sorts of mornings. It was so popular, apparently, it sold to two different people at the same time! Both to someone at our Waldorf School store, and an Etsy customer in Greece on the same day. What are the odds? It must mean that other people out there love homestead mornings as much as I do.

I am busy at work creating an identical one right now.


2 comments:

  1. O, how lovely! Love the beautiful red sky and the way you hung it on the wall. Cheers, Barbara

    ReplyDelete