Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wave Rider



I just finished this needle felted wool wall hanging as a custom order. The parents from a Kindergarten class at our Waldorf school wanted to give their teacher a gift that honored her other big passion in life, surfing.  Although I have never surfed myself, as I was working on this, I thought to myself that it looked like a lot of fun! Standing there on the shore with the waves spread out before you, as you prepare to travel upon them must be a great feeling.

 Living here, in the Willamette Valley, I am always impressed by the diversity of regions and landscapes within such a short distance, and all the ways in which folks get out there to enjoy the outdoors. Surfing, skiing, kayaking, white water rafting, mountain climbing, backpacking, canoeing, and the list goes on and on. I'm glad to see all these people getting out there and connecting with the earth in their own individual ways. We all need it, really. It's just a matter of finding what your way is.

Happy surfing, Miss Robyn!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift! I think it's beautiful! ♥ Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your work is just so beautiful - what a wonderful gift.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete